Thursday 14th January
- Use the playdough provided to create your own gingerbread man. If you have buttons add for decoration.
- Watch Mrs Simister’s handwriting video https://youtu.be/hSJ1Vkk0hj0
- Practice forming the letters on your whiteboard.
- See Read,Write, Inc rhyme books in book bags.
Draw pictures for the beginning, middle and end of “The Gingerbread Man” story.
- Help your child think of three pictures they can draw for the beginning, middle and end of the story. They can draw these in their workbook.
- Scribe for your child as they tell you the story. They could also write some of their own captions.
- The beginning could be the gingerbread jumping out of the over and running away, the middle could be the people or animals chasing the gingerbread man and the end could be the fox eating the gingerbread man.
Send a photo to the email address –
Rainbows – email@example.com
Sunshines – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MVzXKfr6e8
- Write numerals 7 and 8 on your whiteboard or in your notebook, following the rhymes on the sheet provided.
- Give them a statement such as “3 is one … than 4” And the child says whether the missing word is more or less.
- Watch Mrs Simister’s Dan video – https://youtu.be/ijtQC2Y4Yt4
- No need for the children to write the sentence yet. Get your child to repeat the sentence to help them get it in their brains and write the words modelled.