Wednesday 10th February
- Write tricky words in flour or rice (we, are, and, was, the)
- Get your pot of dough ready and follow Mrs Simister’s lounge disco
Maths and Design Technology
- Build a ramp and race some cars or toys down it. Reward prizes to the first, second, third, fourth, etc.
- Watch the video to see Mrs Simister’s ramp.
- Record the results in your own way, you could draw the cards and write 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th next to them
- Warm up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dkPouLWCyc
- Draw a ladybird on the whiteboard or paper with the spots from 1 to 6 on one side. Get your child to draw the same amount on the other side and write down the total.
- If they want to, they could try writing the number sentence, eg 3 + 3 = 6 or 6 = 3 + 3
- Extra – take a look at this worksheet and see if they can fill it out independently
- Watch Mrs Simister’s Dan video – https://youtu.be/Uf9LrY3aVTM
- No need for the children to write the sentence yet. Get your child to repeat the sentence to help them get it in their brains.
On your iPads download the app below. Check out Your Mindful Garden which is great for helping children with their mental health and wellbeing.
Go Explore – Fun Early Learning Skills App