Friday 22nd January
- Watch the video of Mrs Roberts making a CVC word game.
- Get your pot of dough ready and follow Mrs Roberts
Literacy – Dan sentence
- Watch Mrs Simister’s Dan sentence video https://youtu.be/runOKhhz0qQ
- Write the sentence down on the whiteboard with Mrs Simister and then in your book.
Get your child to make 5 with 4 and 1 objects.
Write the number sentence 4 + 1 = 5 and 5 = 4 + 1
Get your child to make 8 with 4 and 3 and 1 objects
Get your child to write the number sentence
8 = 4 + 3+ 1 and 1 +3 +4 = 8
- Make bread with your child talk about the change in consistency while mixing and kneading.
- Let the children observe the bread as it rises.
- Look at the change in colour as it comes out of the oven.
- Let the children use all of their senses. Enjoy the smell and taste.
- Here is a recipe to follow.
- Send a photo to the email address
Rainbows – firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunshines – email@example.com
Adopt a Tree
Get wrapped up and go for a walk in a nearby park or forest. Invite your child to choose a tree of their liking to observe. You can encourage critical thinking by asking questions like:
- How is the tree similar or different from the ones around it?
- How does the tree help the environment?
- Is the tree alive? How do you know?
Ask your child to take notes of the signs of winter on and around the tree. These can include bare branches, animal tracks in the snow, and animal homes in the tree itself.