Wednesday 3rd February
- Watch Mrs. Roberts out in the forest collecting some leaves to cut and mash.
- You will need some plants /herbs, scissors, bowl and spoon or pestle and mortar if you have one.
- Get your pot of dough ready and follow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K-CQrjI0uY Spread the Happiness
- or Mrs Roberts Dough Disco
- For an extra challenge why not have your own phonics letter hunt around the house (you can use pieces of paper with different sounds written on them). Once you have found all the sounds, what words can you make with them?
Literacy – Write a sentence
- Get your child to draw the giant and draw a big speech bubble for them to write inside. Draw some lines to guide them.
- Watch Robert’s Writing video – https://youtu.be/4SUqNm61vZU
- Write the sentence “ Fee fi fo fum. I am mad run, run, run.”
- For an extra challenge, your child could think of their own sentence and write it.
- Send a photo of their writing to the email address –
Rainbows – firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunshines – email@example.com
- Make a giants footprint on your carpet with some flour or talc.
- (You can get your child to hoover it up afterwards!)
- Measure it using pens or spoons.
- Get your child to draw around their foot and measure it the same way.
- You could draw around and measure yours too.
- Who has the longest and widest foot?
- How do you know this?
Extended learning for maths
- Watch Mrs Roberts ’s Dan video – Dan is next to the hen.
- No need for the children to write the sentence yet. Get your child to repeat the sentence to help them get it in their brains.