Welcome back to school and to the Summer Term! We hope you had a fabulous Easter.
This week, we have launched our new topic, One World. Throughout this half term, children will learn about important global issues and find out ways they can help to protect our environment. We will learn about recycling, reusing and reducing as well as finding out about litter and why it is so harmful. We really hope you will use this as an opportunity to review (and maybe improve) how your family are contributing to looking after our world.
Here are some photos from Finger Gym.
- Sort the rubbish into the correct bins,
- Use tweezers to pick the rubbish out of the pond to make the fish happy again,
- Cut and colour a dolphin,
- Write a sentence about the photograph,
- Practise tricky words in the sand.
We have been enjoying playing in our Abbey Road Recycling Centre, sorting the rubbish in to the correct bins.
We have written sentences and stories about plastic in the ocean.
In Maths, we have been learning about time. We have;
- Looked at different kinds of clocks and watches (analogue and digital),
- Learnt o’clock and half-past times,
- Found out about different kinds of timers,
- Been practising the days of the week and months of the year.
Here are some more photos from our week.
Next week we will be making new things out of old things.
Please could you send in any dry recycling that could be used to make something new (eg: cereal boxes, plastic bottles, jar lids, cardboard tubes, etc.). Thank you!
Getting involved at home:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/joinin/how-to-get-kids-to-recycle – tips for your family about recyling.
https://www.terracycle.com/en-GB/brigades/the-writing-instruments-brigade-r – did you know that pens can be recycled? Please don’t throw any pens or felt-tips, take them to be recycled. If you can’t make it to a drop-off point, bring your old pens and felt-tips into school to be taken in on your behalf.
Your family can also help by picking up any (safe) litter that you find on the ground whilst you are out and about. We would love to see photos of your eco-warriors out and about, collecting litter! 🙂
Have a happy weekend! See you on Monday.