Wednesday 3rd March
- Thread Hula Hoops on string to make a medal for Traction Man and Scrubbing Brush.
- Get your dough ready and dance along with Mrs. Simister’s superhero dough disco
- Or check out The Muffin Man
- Jolly phonics video of songs phase 2 (qu, ch, sh, th, ng) – https://www.youtube.com/watch
- Watch Mrs. Simister’s phonics session on YouTube ( ir ) sound
- Warm Up Halving song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvKtCG2pGXo
- Give your child a plate of four biscuits and ask them to count how many biscuits they have? Then ask your child to share the biscuits equally between two toys.
- Emphasise that if the toys are to have half each, the two halves must be the same number of biscuits.
- Ask what is half of four. Help to count it out as they share the four biscuits between the two empty plates. Half of four is two
- Repeat and share a plate of six biscuits. Once the toys have their biscuits say, half of six is three.
- Repeat until all the plates of biscuits have been halved.
- Each time, say aloud what half of each number is. Emphasise that the two halves must be the same.
- If confident, can your child try halving five biscuits?
Extended learning for maths
Other activities to choose
- Complete a jigsaw puzzle.
- Make your own model from any construction toys you have.
- Organise a tea party for your toys and send them invitations.
- Play schools with your toys and get them to practise their number/ letters.
- Read them a story and do the register.
- Use your imagination and get creative with paint or collage.
- Have some fun or just relax and watch your favourite T.V show as tomorrow is a screen free day!