This week we have enjoyed listening to and joining in with the story We’re Going on a Bear Hunt. We had fun retelling the story feeling all the different textures from the story on our bare-foot walk!
Each morning, we do Finger Gym. These activities are designed to help improve fine motor skills. This week our jobs were:
- Cut out Rainbow Bear / Sunshine Bear,
- Use the tweezers to sort the teddies by colour,
- Balance the marbles on the plastic hands / feet,
- Make a pattern on the peg boards,
- Practise writing ‘m’.
This week we have launched “challenges” in Foundation. The challenges this week were:
- Make a bear puppet,
- Match the Numicon to the numeral and count out the correct amount,
- Use the hole punch and treasury tags to make something.
The challenges are usually linked to our topic and encourage children to use different areas of Foundation.
Here are some more photos from our week…
Next week, our topic will be Pirates and Mermaids. We will also be sending reading books, phonics booklets and bear words home. Please send in an A4 folder, labelled with your child’s name, that can be used to store your child’s reading things. Many thanks! 🙂
Have a lovely weekend!