Friday 5th February
Write these rhyming words out on separate pieces of paper
Hen pen ten Ben den
Pin tin sin win bin
Bun sun fun gun hun
Read them with your child, pointing out that the middle and last letter sounds are the same
which makes them rhyme. Hide the words around the house for your child to find. Once they are found help them to sort into rhyming groups and read them.
- Get your pot of dough ready and follow Mrs Roberts
- Join Mrs Roberts for some handwriting – we practice ABC on the whiteboard.
- Listen to the story of Noah’s Ark from The Beginners Bible https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onnEaINBaGg
- Draw and paint your favourite animal as big as you can. A3 size at least. We will collect your paintings to go on the wall when we deliver reading books.
Literacy – Dan sentence
- Watch Mrs Robert’s Dan sentence video
- Write the sentence down on the whiteboard with Mrs Roberts and then in your book.
- Dan is next to the hen.
Don’t stop the feeling
Practise your number formation 1-10 using the rhyme sheet.
Make up some addition sums using different objects and write them down in a number sentence.
Rainbows – firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunshines – email@example.com
Extended learning for maths